The Otty Woods Planning and Design Guidelines encourage creative design and building that is sensible and sensitive to the environment, the local ecology and the rural community lifestyle. The Guidelines are intended to protect our Client’s investment by optimizing simple and sustainable design techniques, systems and materials.
From outset, the Otty Woods master plan has been designed to respect the privacy of property owners and their guests and to conserve the community’s natural surroundings throughout public and private areas. Otty Woods intends to achieve harmony and balance for a healthy community by:
• minimizing site and natural habitat disturbance by careful planning of the common waterfront amenities and pathways;
• maximizing retention of forest canopy;
• preserving and increasing biodiversity through the protection of existing wetlands, shorelines and animal and bird habitat;
• providing pedestrian pathways for connection to nature and the common amenities by allowing only electric golf carts access to our trail network;
• providing common waterfront access exclusively for the residents of Otty Woods, with a timberframe gazebo, picnic tables, fire-pit and BBQ areas, canoe and kayak storage racks, a removable swimming dock and raft and eventually communal pontoon and fishing boats.